Are You Ready For Winter? Try My Fighting Fit Smoothie!
Updated: Apr 6
Yes it's that time of year again! Winter is upon us and my son has already kindly passed on the first signs of no doubt many sore throats and colds yet to come.
I am sure for those of you who have kids, especially young ones, the thought of becoming ill over the coming months sends shivers down your spine...it certainly does mine! It's very hard to recover from colds during winter months and so any type of prevention work and immune booster is always a winner for me!
If this calls out to you, I invite you to try my Fighting Fit Smoothie! It is packed with all sorts of immune boosters and it tastes pretty damn good too!!
1/4 tspn of ground tumeric
1/2 tspn ground ginger
1/2 cup of coconut yoghurt
1/2 cup orange juice or water
1 x small peeled carrot
1 x large peeled orange
1 x banana (preferably frozen)
1 x cup of mango (preferably frozen)
Throw in the blender and blitz until you are happy with the consistency. Job done!
Additional Top Tips To Fight The Winter Blues!
1) Get a flu vaccination - it is totally worth it!
2) Get outside daily and take a hit of Vitamin D. Natural daylight is highly recommended to combat tiredness.
3) Build your immune system by exercising and although it is easy to lose sight of your healthy eating at this time of year, try and eat foods rich in vitamins and minerals! Fruit and vegetables in particular will have a huge impact on your health and wellbeing.
4) Drinking milk or topping up your dairy intake will also assist at this time of year by adding a healthy dose of vitamins A and B12 to your diet. In conjunction, the added calcium will help keep bones strong and healthy.
5) Whilst maintaining a healthy balanced lifestyle, please ensure you also look after your mind and stay well rested. As you are no doubt aware, sleep is just as important as anything else and essential to the health and wellbeing of ones mind.
6) And finally...this goes without saying....ensure you wash your hands thoroughly and if possible sanitise!
I wish you all well over the season!